Saturday, October 16, 2010

In the pottery studio

Ceramics Apron
I've been spending a bunch of time in the pottery studio, getting ready for a pottery sale in late November. Lately, I've found a new favorite apron--it's a flight attendant apron from United Airlines previously worn by "Lori." Headphones on, The Arcade Fire's "The Suburbs" playing.

Glaze buckets
The glaze buckets eagerly waiting to be used.

Tea Mugs before final firing
I've been making a lot of mugs--I'm enjoying making this shape, improving my handles, and this time I tested out a bunch of different glaze combinations.

Tea Mugs
The olive green and white is one of my new favorites. Pretty yet earthy and classy at the same time.

Tea Mugs
The caribe and white is still going strong.

Alhambra Tiles
A bunch of my Alhambra tiles have also come out recently. I'm liking the way the darker colors break on the edges to highlight the carving. These tiles have a little ledge in the back so that they can be hung on the wall by a nail.

19 comments:

Sewmancer said...

Your caribe and white mugs are gorge! Thanks for the eye candy.

Celeritas said...

I love the Alhambra tiles! Wish I could come to the sale :)

Anonymous said...

I really like the Alhambra tiles. Any chance you'll sell some things on Etsy?

Wendolene said...

The tiles are amazing--I love the way the color is lighter on the edges, too!

Hilary said...

First of all, I love your new apron. :) Secondly, your work is absolutely stunning! Were I closer, I would *definitely* come to your sale.

Patricia said...

Love the caribe and white!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I second the Q about whether you'll be selling anything on Etsy. I'd love one of those Alhambra tiles.

Laine

Meghan said...

Thanks so much for all the positive feedback everyone. The possibility of an etsy store is certainly in my mind. You'll be among the first to know!

Susan said...

LOVE your blog. Love the photos too! Your pictures are so artsy. They capture the feeling of what you are doing. Winning the cupcake lottery is great! I can help you with the cupcakes if you want to send me one along with a mug so I can drink some tea with that cupcake! Definately, Etsy is your next step. I concur with the others. It may be the ONLY thing you have yet to conquer!

Anna said...

the shape of those mugs is fabulous... so sensuously curvy! i can imagine a beautiful terracotta mug with that green dip glaze. super earthy-west-coast styles.
hope your sale is a great success. :)

Sarah said...

ooh yes, I "3rd" the Alhambra tile compliments. I'd certainly snap some up (and some mugs up, too) if you were to start up an Etsy shop.
:)
-beautiful stuff!

Alicia said...

Came here for the shalom cardi, refuse to leave without a blue/white mug! PLEASE tell me you sell them and that I can buy one!!!(And please don't say it's on Etsy, I don't shop there.)

Malinda said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful pottery. Best wishes for the sale, too. Wish I were closer. I would certainly be there.

Corandco said...

I love your mugs — the dark green ones are stunning. And I totally love the shape. Is there any way a couple or two could find their way to France?

Mary said...

i love the olive green ones too!

Lisa said...

The tiles are really lovely. I also particularly like your blue crosses and the sgraffito.

Crochetin Feonix said...

Do you sell your tea cups? If so do you sell them online. I know a few people who would love to have a few :)

Crochetin Feonix said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crochetin Feonix said...

And then I forget to give you my email address. it is crochetin_feonix@yahoo.com